Monday 1 March 2010

Baking # 2 - Chocolate Peanut Cookies



Oh yeah, even the title of this post sounds awesome, not to mention the cookies themselves. Friggin' fantastic. AND it was my recipe entirely, I feel so proud, so so proud. Last weekend I was stuck at home with a cold and there were no interesting sports going on in the Vancouver Olympics to watch. And I wanted cookies... so I rummaged through my cupboard and found the following ingredients to make 25 chocolate peanut cookies:




Ingredients:
* 1 cup soft brown sugar
* 1 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 cup hot chocolate mix
* 125 gr unsalted butter melted
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup chopped peanuts

First of all, preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and mix wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.

Then mix flour, baking powder and chocolate mix (I used Montezuma's drinking chocolate mix number 1 but I think - must test this to prove this - if you used small chocolate chips it wouldn't make too much of a difference).


Mix all ingredients together, including the chopped peanuts (oh yeah, I peeled and crushed them again as I still had a lot left after I made my pad thai - a pain); the batter will be a bit difficult to work with.



On a flat oven dish, place tablespoonful amounts of the cookie mix with approx 3cm separation between them, and flatten them out.



Bake for 8 minutes - no more or they go hard very quickly (unless you like hard cookies) and they're done! Mmmmm...!

3 comments:

Rocio said...

You rule the world sista!!!! Chocolate peanut cookies??? Way to go. I am sure if I make a batch my DH will be more than thrilled!!

Reyes said...

Sesita, this should be called Araceli's Cookingness! they look great! (I just made my favorite cake!) Besitos

Araceli said...

I can't stop cooking - and eating!!