Saturday 20 March 2010

Playing with food

Finally a post which isn't about cooking! Just about food...

In early January, just as my addiction to crochet was begining to develop, I decided to buy my first ever crochet book: Tasty Crochet. It's a truly excellent book, with the easiest instructions to follow and the final product just couldn't be any more awesome. It's one of my neice's birthday's next week - she's turning 4 - and I thought it would be a cool present to send her some play food for her pretend picnics.


Ice-cream sandwich mmm! And the piece of cake is an exact replica of the one my mother makes, with pastry and a delicious yolk and sugar topping with strawberries and kiwis.

I never in my life thought I'd make a crochet burger... and chips!


Or a drumstick?! The book is just priceless!


Mmmm fried up breakfast! I literally just had a real version of the below, minus the bagel.


6 comments:

Reyes said...

Araceli, you are indeed the crochet queen! Besos

Araceli said...

Thank you sis! You can call me HRH :-P

el munton said...

Wow! I'm speechless... actually I'm breathless after laughing up a lung over your cro-ations. Its a fine line betwenen genius and madness alright. Outstanding! Outstanding!

jane said...

omg! these are the best... and your blog is pretty awesome! (i found you through reyes) i´ll be back! besos!

Araceli said...

Thanks Ian, I do appreciate the fact you read my blog - even if I make you do it! :-P

Jane, welcome! Thanks so much for your message, truth is that I've been secretly looking at your blog too - I'm in love with Vitoria, but more importantly, the "piruletas de violeta" from Pasteleria Goya - Mmmmm!

Reyes said...

Hermana! I showed Eduardo yesterday your crochet post, it left him literally speechless. I think that yesterday it finally dawned on him that he married the least gifted sister ;-) Besos