Monday 13 April 2009

Easter break


After enjoying an absolutely gorgeous week weatherwise, it was no surprise that the weather during the Easter break was utter sh!t. All my plans to do some serious cycling died, together with picnics, walks and practically everything that implied leaving the house.

So how did I fill in the time? I have begun my magnum opus to date: a patchwork quilt! The idea had been in my head for a long time, but it wasn't until I was in Liberty looking at the gorgeous fabrics that it hit me. I bought some more lovely Amy Butler fabrics and went home ready to rock.



I still yet have to buy a sewing machine, so it's 100% handmade, wow.


And yes, I agree, I haven't really done that much, the culprit being this:


Evil evil stuff. I haven't fully recovered from the hangover yet, and it's 10pm the day after! Ironically enough, I spent the day in bed reading "Hellraisers, the Life and Inebriated Times of Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Peter O'Toole and Oliver Reed". How they managed to drink themselves stupid on a daily basis and not feel like utter sh!t the following day is something I'm quite jealous of today. Never again.

1 comment:

Rocio said...

Lovely fabrics. Now, stay away from the "evil stuff" if you want to finish it before your 69 !!!;)