Thursday 2 April 2009

I predict a riot


So the G20 came and went and I, like a good visceral Spaniard that I am, decided to walk yesterday during my lunch break to check out the "riot" outside the Bank of England. We had had emails at work warning us of the dangers of going to the office dressed in suits and were advised to dress down as a casual Friday (yeah, as if a banker/lawyer in dockers, deck shoes and a Barbour would not be able to be spotted out quite easily?!). I don't wear suits anymore (the jackets don't seem to fit since I moved to this muffin-lovin' country) so I sort of dressed down, a bit. Anyway, by the time I got to Bank, where, let's face it, there isn't that much space, all I could hear was cool carnivalesque music, smell weed as if I were in Brixton and see fellow City workers camouflaged in their casual wear whose curiosity was equal to mine.

2 comments:

Rocio said...

you do like to live dangerously, don't ya !!!!!

Kandinzky said...

shame we didn't see each other there.
Did you pelt it??