Wednesday 1 April 2009

Paris!


Last Saturday I went to Paris for the day with a couple of friends. We caught the first Eurostar (coolest train ever) from St Pancras and the last one from the Gare du Nord and spent the day cycling around the city on velibs (those brilliant bikes around the city that you rent per hours).


In spite of the fact that my friends almost missed the train (but were hoping I'd somehow manage to tell the driver to wait till they arrived!?), it hailed a bit (and hurt) and that we were charged €9 for a glass of Coca Cola at a café on the Rue de Rivoli, the day was brilliant.



I hadn't been to Paris since 2001 and I was in awe at how stunning the city is, though I don't really think my "dramatic" pictures capture the beauty of the city (yes, I am the one in the funky green helmet - probably the only person wearing one!). Definitely worth repeating soon.


3 comments:

Reyes said...

I love Paris, why o why do I love Paris... I actually love London More but Paris is beautiful.

kissitos

Muntrant said...

vive la france!

Kandinzky said...

my best bits start from "In spite of"...

rock on girl!!