Sunday 5 April 2009

Sunday, sweet Sunday...

... with a lot to do!

Today has been a very creative and rewarding day as I've made LOADS of stuff (ok, three things finished, two are still work in progress): two flower broches and a... tablecloth!


I went shopping yesterday to get the materials. First stop, VV Rouleaux in Marlebone. It's this gorgeous ribbon shop where any woman (or man with a creative streak) could spend hours looking at all the different kinds of ribbon that exist, feathers, material flowers, bits and pieces... Then I went to the haberdashery department in John Lewis where I bought some really nice Amy Butler material, buttons, etc., and a piece of material from the upholstery department that would be magically turned into my tablecloth 24 hours later (it cost me a tenner - bargain).

So today I met up with a couple of friends and we sewed all afternoon and needless to say, it was brilliant. We had a great work surface with all the things we needed (including carrot cake).





We made these pretty flower broches:

This one has special sewing engineering on the back to aviod it from folding forward all the time.




It was also the first time I used a sewing machine - behold the beautiful table cloth:

What can I say? Fun fun FUN! I really should try to do more things creative...

3 comments:

Rocio said...

dearest, lovely creations. Does this mean I will no longer be the flower brooch queen ??? ;)
Great tablecloth by the way !!! For cheap nice fabrics, try Ikea. You could make a pillow case next !!!! xoxoxo

Araceli said...

IKEA - good point! And not to worry, you will always be the flower brooch queen ;-)

Reyes said...

Wow! i want a Sunday to do creative things with friends and no children or pets. Love it all! Araceli, you are so creative!.